this time it appears that we will be unable to offer the JCIT program
for the summer of 2021 as it was in years past. In order to be in line
with current CDC and local health guidelines regarding cohorts we will
accept (for this summer of 2021) current 7th and 8th grade boys and
girls as our oldest campers. The groups will be stable groups, M-F for
2, 4 or 3 weeks.
Some JCIT responsibilities include.....
· Assisting with the youngest boys and girls groups
· Playing games such as dodgeball and CTF with the campers...
help campers with the game.
· Playing in Ping Pong, basketball, tennis, foosball, and volleyball
tournaments specifically setup for the JCITs
· Making camp signs
· Keep the lost and found organized
· Distributing t-shirts
· Distributing juice & popsicles
· Relining the athletic field stripes
· Setting up/putting away the portable soccer goals, volleyball net,
baskets, shade tents, hose, etc.
· Helping with our camp snack and lunch program
· Tracking/organizing the camp's athletic equipment
· Working one-on-one with children on basic athletic skills
· Supervising/watching 1 or 2 campers on the field trips
· Helping run the at-camp "Fantastic Friday" program for the younger
children who do not go on the field trips
· Sweeping/cleaning where needed
· Supervising and keeping the bathrooms safe
· Filling up lots of water balloons for a variety of camp events
· Having water fights while filling up water balloons
· Help keep campers within camp boundaries during the lunch hour
· Setting up/cleaning up special events
(especially during Olympic Week)
· Create/run games during Olympic Week
· Help set up/clean up camper tournaments, the slip and slide and
other special events
· Act as a substitute group junior counselor when the regular junior
counselor is sick
· Assist with the arts & crafts program